Skills Enhancer: Yarra Valley Grammar
Enrol into the Certificate in Hospitality (Coffee, Bar & Waiter) and get the skills and certificates you need to get into paid hospitality work.
The course is open to Year 9, 10, 11 and 12 secondary school students and past students and friends.
The course is delivered in the familiar surrounds of Yarra Valley Grammar classrooms and facilities.
The program has been designed specifically to prepare students for work in the hospitality industry, by offering a recognized qualification and hands on skills in coffee making, bar and beverage operations, waitering, food service and more.
Each participant receives certificates in Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA), Food Safety Handling (RSF), Responsible Service of Gaming (RSG), Occupational Health & Safety (OHS) and First Aid (Level 2).
Students participate in practical classes from our experienced trainers and assessors. During this time, students will complete a series of assessment tasks that culminates in a period of work experience with a host employer of their choice, and the attainment of the Certificate II in Hospitality.
- Telephone Admissions on 03 9639 5551;
- Email [email protected]
- Visit us at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne;
- Book online.
RSA, RSG, RSF, OHS, First Aid (Level 2), Coffee, Bar & Waiter
Complete a Certificate in Hospitality (Coffee, Waiter & Bar) with Hospitality Training Australia for just $105.00. This course is Victorian Government funded and provides the certificates and skills you need to get hospitality work.
This course is delivered at your school but requires a minimum of 12 students.
Hospitality Training Australia will supply the following resources to facilitate the course for eligible individuals that seek to enrol in the program:
- Qualified, skilled and experienced facilitators (trainers) with current working with children cards;
- Textbooks and other learning tools;
- Espresso coffee machine, coffee grinder, cups, saucers, coffee equipment and ingredients;
- Plates, cutlery, glassware, napery and food service equipment;
- Beverage preparation and service equipment and ingredients.
Job Placements Opportunities
Hospitality Training Australia assists students to strengthen their resume and employability. Trainers work with students on personal grooming, interview skills, provide them a resume and they receive short course certification (RSA, RSF, RSG, OHS and First Aid) to add to their resume.
Students are then directed towards applying for well paid, meaningful jobs within the hospitality industry.
Creating A Competitive Advantage
Gaining a casual, part time or even a full time job in today’s economic climate is difficult. Consumer spending within the retail industry is at its lowest in 20 years (view report) which suggests that spending on hospitality and services is falling also. This means that the jobs that so many young people rely upon to support them during and after secondary school are fewer and harder to get.
Our Certificates in Hospitality (Coffee, Bar & Waiter) is aimed at giving graduates the competitive advantage they need to put themselves at the front of the job queue.
Each participant receives certificates in:
- Responsible Service of Alcohol (RSA)
- Food Safety Handling (RSF)
- Responsible Service of Gaming (RSG)
- Occupational Health & Safety (OHS)
- First Aid (Level 2)
Each certificate, for many hospitality jobs, is a prerequisite to employment. If it is not a pre-requisite then an employer will most likely select a candidate that holds these certificates above someone that does not.
The $105.00 enrolment fee entitles eligible individual students to receive:
- Student workbooks for all study modules;
- Full participation in all training and assessment activities;
- Certificates in Hospitality, Statement of results and compliance certification (RSA, RSG, RSF, OHS, Level 2 First Aid);
- Resume development assistance;
- Work placement assistance and post training support sessions with students;
- Diary, pen and bag.
The cost of the course is $105.00.
Hospitality Training Australia is funded by the Victorian and Commonwealth Governments to deliver the Certificate in Hospitality course.
Hospitality Training Australia is a registered training organisation (RTO) and is a contracted provider of Victorian Government subsidised Training in 2013