Provide Basic Emergency Life Support - HLTAID002
Basic Life Support Course Melbourne (Level 1)
HLTAID002 Provide Basic Emergency Life Support
This unit of competency HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support (Level 1 Basic Life Support) describes the skills and knowledge required to recognise and respond to life threatening emergencies using basic life support measure only. This unit incorporates the content of unit HLTAID001 Provide CPR.
It is not a prerequisite, however all persons before attending class session must complete pre course work (workbook reading and pre-test assessment).
The pre course work provides essential information necessary to perform CPR, provide emergency life support.
Participants deemed competent in the course will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Length of Validity
Your certificate is valid for 3 years and the Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months.
What to Bring
When attending a Basic Life Support Course (Level 1), please bring writing paper and pen.
Competencies to be achieved during Basic Life Support Course (Level 1):
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Assess an emergency situation;
2. Assess vital signs and response of casualty;
3. Call an ambulance and/ or medical assistance;
4. Report casualty's conditions;
5. Demonstrate first aid casualty management principles;
6. Demonstrate consideration of the welfare of the casualty;
7. Manage a casualty with external bleeding;
8. Demonstrate correct procedures for CPR;
9. Demonstrate safe manual handling of casualty;
10. Demonstrate knowledge of First Aid procedures for Minor Wounds & Infection Control;
11. Demonstrate knowledge of First Aid procedures for Airway management;
12. Demonstrate knowledge of First Aid procedures for casualty that is unresponsive / unconscious and not breathign normally;
13. Demonstrate knowledge of First Aid procedures respiratory distress, including asthma and severe allergic reactions;
14. Explain the legal and social responsibilities of a first aider;
All assessment will be based on the principles of competency-based training and assessment.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Pre-Test Theory Assessment
- Final Theory Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
Facilities & Equipment:
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Automated External Defibrillator, Bandages, Visual Aids, Handouts etc as appropriate.
Basic Life Support (Level 1):
To book Basic Life Support Course (Level 1) in Melbourne you can:
- Book online
- Telephone reception on 1300 253 781;
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visit us at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne;
Methods of Payment
Accepted methods of payment include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bankcard, Cheque, Cash and EFT-POS.
Registration can only be confirmed when full payment is received. No refunds are available within 7 days of the workshop. A substitute participant is welcome to attend if you cannot. First Aid Training Australia reserves the right to alter the program without notice.
USI: The Commonwealth Government have recently introduced 'Unique Student Identifier' numbers. It's mandatory that all students attending this course register for a free USI prior to commencement. Registering only takes a few minutes.