Provide CPR - HLTAID001
CPR Course Melbourne
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
This unit of competency HLTAID001 Provide CPR describes the skills and knowledge required to perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) in line with the Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) Guidelines.
It is not a prerequisite, however all persons before attending class session must complete pre course work (workbook reading and pre-test assessment).
The pre course work provides essential information necessary to perform CPR.
Participants deemed competent in the course will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Length of Validity
The Australian Resuscitation Council recommends that you attend a resuscitation update every 12 months.
What to Bring
When attending a CPR Course, please bring writing paper and pen.
Competencies to be achieved during CPR Course:
At the successful completion of this course you will be able to:
1. Explain Chain of survival;
2. Assess an emergency situation;
3. Assess breating and responsiveness of casualty;
4. Call an ambulance;
5. Demonstrate appropriate location, rate and depth of compression;
6. Demonstrate recommended ratio of compression to ventilations in ARC Guidelines;
7. Demonstrate appropriate duration and cessation of CPR;
8. Demonstrate the use of an Automated external Defibrillator;
9. Perform CPR;
10. Identify and minimise hazards to health and safety of self and others;
11. Use infection control procedures, including standard precautions;
12. Report details of incident and CPR.
All assessment will be based on the principles of competency-based training and assessment.
You will be assessed at the end of the course to show your instructor that you have an appropriate understanding of the procedures necessary to manage a life-threatening situation.
This will consist of:
- Pre-Test Theory Assessment
- Final Theory Assessment
- Practical Demonstrations
You must prove your competency for each section to qualify for a certificate.
Facilities & Equipment:
Each participant will be provided with all of the intellectual materials required to study all modules. Each program will also be supported with adequate Teaching Aids to assist with the theory and practical training modules such as CPR manikins, Automated External Defibrillator, Handouts etc as appropriate.
To book CPR Course in Melbourne you can:
- Book online
- Telephone reception on 1300 253 781;
- Email us firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Visit us at Level 6, 250 Collins Street, Melbourne;
Methods of Payment
Accepted methods of payment include Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Bankcard, Cheque, Cash and EFT-POS.
Registration can only be confirmed when full payment is received. No refunds are available within 7 days of the workshop. A substitute participant is welcome to attend if you cannot. First Aid Training Australia reserves the right to alter the program without notice.
USI: The Commonwealth Government have recently introduced 'Unique Student Identifier' numbers. It's mandatory that all students attending this course register for a free USI prior to commencement. Registering only takes a few minutes.