South East Asian Street Food
The following items will be demonstrated during this cooking class:
- All time favouite mouth-watering Pork and Lychee"San Choi"Bau" with lettuce buddha cups
- Singapore famous quick and delicious Hawkers snack which is the “Char Kway Teow”, a wok-charred flat rice noodle with prawns, eggs, bean sprouts and fried fish cakes.
Southeast Asia is by no doubt, a region studded with gems of Food Feasts. It is known for its wide variety of mouth-watering Hawker style street-side, quick bites with an explosion of flavours, tastes and aromas. These authentic local treats still use the traditional technique of cooking and most importantly they are cooked from the heart and soul. They are often described as “Soul Food”. These are the recipes that arrived with the earliest immigrants and are true to their multiracial heritage. The rich heritage of these Hawkers food cuisines will surface to give food lovers an understanding of the cuisine origin history.
Being a fine chef and also a trainer, Chris not only prides himself in cooking, demonstrating and educating food lovers but has been travelling to various part of the world. His journeys throughout Asia, he learns, is inspired, samples, eats and eats. What he brings back to us is the history, the culture and of course the unique food of each of the places he has visited.
In this food series, Chris will serve up some of the most popular and famous street snacks acclaimed throughout the South East Asia regions.
- The course is 3.5 hours in duration.
- All participants will be given the opportunity to cook, under the chefs direction.
- Participants will be provided with knife kits, aprons and utilise commercial cooking equipment supplied by our industry sponsor Fagor.
- The Cooking School is a $1,000,000.00 development of Hospitality Training Australia.
- Each participant receives a recipe pack so they have all the information to prepare this meal at home for friends and family.
- Telephone Dean Miller, Facility Manager on (03) 9329 9960;
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or book online.
There is no chef assigned to this course yet!